Victorian regions plunged into a seven-day lockdown will find out today if restrictions will lift amid concerns over case numbers in Geelong and Mitchell Shire. Follow the latest updates live
- NSW frontline medical staff gagged as health system braces for Covid peak
- NSW and Vic restrictions; Vic hotspots
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- 5km and 10km from home map: check your travel radius
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
Victoria – get ready. Premier Daniel Andrews is set to speak at 11.15am. We should learn whether restrictions will ease in regional towns, despite the fact that we haven’t yet hit the 80% statewide first-dose vaccination rate as hoped.
There are also questions around whether restrictions will lift in Geelong and Mitchel Shire given concerns over rising case numbers in those areas.
Premier, Daniel Andrews, Minister for Industry Support and Recovery, Martin Pakula, Deputy Chief Health Officer, Deb Friedman, and COVID-19 Commander, Jeroen Weimar will provide a coronavirus update, 11:15am #COVID19Vic
Have you been getting anti-vaccination flyers in your post? Well that may end soon.
Anti-vaccination flyers, such as those distributed by the United Australia Party, could be banned from being delivered by many of the nation’s largest mail distributors.