At least 92 Covid deaths recorded across NSW, Victoria and Queensland; Pfizer booster shots approved for teenagers aged 16-17; Scott Morrison comments on viral photos of Grace Tame meeting; additional Covid deaths in Sydney aged care homes confirmed. Follow all the dayâ€™s news
- Analysis: The simple numbers every government should use to fight anti-vaccine misinformation
- Only one approved rapid test in Australia explicitly states it detects Omicron
- â€˜Catastrophic failureâ€™: Covid out of control in the NT, say Aboriginal groups
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
Hazzard said NSW is supporting the Victorian government push to change the definition of fully vaccinated in Australia from two doses to three.
But he says there are some issues to be ironed out before that change can be made. He doesnâ€™t know what issues, he says, because he is not a part of national cabinet.
I understand that most of these things require a range of medical expert input. In fact, they all require a range of medical expert input, and I think when youâ€™ve got a committee of a large number of people, all giving their input, sometimes it takes a while to get there. Sometimes it is easier being a minister, Iâ€™ve got to say, than being on a committee.
So for everybody who is eligible, please go and get the booster as quickly as possible.