Boxer Oscar De La Hoya Tests Positive For COVID, Pulls Out Of Sept. 11 Fight

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Oscar De La Hoya’s return to the ring will have to wait after the fighter said he tested positive for COVID-19.

The 48-year-old De La Hoya was scheduled to fight on Sept. 11 against former MMA fighter Vitor Belfort in a pay-per-view event at Staples Center in Los Angeles. It would have been his first fight since being stopped by Manny Pacquiao in 2008.

The former boxing champion posted a video online Friday of himself in a hospital bed, saying he caught the virus despite being fully vaccinated.

“I am currently in the hospital getting treatment and am confident I will be back in the ring before the year is up,” De La Hoya said.

De La Hoya, who has been a boxing promoter since retiring, was to have fought the 44-year-old Belfort at 185 pounds, 40 pounds heavier than he was for his loss to Pacquiao.



Source by [author_name]

Latest

Trump’s Shifting Explanations Follow a Familiar Playbook

WASHINGTON — First he said that he was “working...

Load REDUCTIONS implemented on MONDAY – find your schedule here

Eskom will implement load reductions on MONDAY from 05:00...

George Conway: Current Probe Is ‘Shortest Distance Between Trump And Orange Jumpsuit’

The current investigation of White House documents seized last week by the FBI at Mar-a-Lago is the “shortest distance between Donald Trump and an...

Threats To Federal Law Enforcement Reportedly Rising Since Mar-A-Lago Search

Federal authorities are warning of a spike in threats to law enforcement following last week’s FBI search of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home,...

Salman Rushdie ‘On The Road To Recovery,’ Agent Says

MAYVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — Salman Rushdie is “on the road to recovery,” his agent confirmed Sunday, two days after the author of “The Satanic...