If you love carrot cake, you will enjoy these carrot cake cookies. They taste similar to the delicious moist carrot cake you know, but this recipe brings them in small biscuit-sized bites perfect to enjoy with a cup of tea.
Carrot cake is almost synonymous with teatime. Transforming this old-time favourite into cookies make them easier to pack in a lunch box to enjoy wherever you are. They are furthermore also perfect for a platter of sweet treats to take with you to a family or friend gathering.
More about your carrot cake cookies
One of the best things about carrot cake is the cream cheese frosting on top. This recipe uses the same frosting to sandwich two cookies together resulting in a heavenly bite.
When preparing these carrot cake cookies, keep these helpful tips in mind:
- As you are adding the eggs one at a time, remember to scrape down the bowl after each addition.
- It is important that you chill the dough until it is firm otherwise it will be difficult to form the cookies.
- When baking carrot cake cookies, remember to rotate and switch the baking sheets as necessary for even baking.
- When removing the cookies from the oven, allow them to cool on the baking sheet for at least a minute before removing them to a cooling rack. This will keep the cookies from falling apart.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely before adding the frosting.
- Store in an airtight container.
These mouth-watering carrot cake cookies are perfect for teatime, breakfast, in a lunchbox or even as a midnight snack. Try them once and you will be tempted to bake them all the time!
Looking for more tasty recipes to prepare for your family and friends? Just have a look at our recipe page, we have excellent suggestions for you to try.
If you would like to submit a recipe for publication, please complete our recipe form here.