- ‘They knew we weren’t giving oxygen’: Delhi doctor’s week of horror
- Modi loses key state election as Covid grips country
- NHS England draws up plans for Covid jabs for over-12s
- US decline in Covid vaccinations presents new problem: how to shrink operations
- Poor countries need billions in aid to avert Covid catastrophe, say experts
A maximum of 1,000 fans will be allowed on-court at Roland Garros this year with capacity capped at 35%, French sports minister Jean-Michel Blanquer said on Sunday.
As part of the country’s progressive relaxation of restrictions, the “limit will be 35% of the capacity of the courts with a maximum of 1,000 people per court,” said Blanquer.
The English city of Liverpool hosted a one-off music festival to test whether big events spread Covid-19. Nearly 5,000 people took off their masks and ditched social distancing rules in the name of science and music.
After having tested negative for the virus, they attended the outdoor event and are supposed to get themselves tested again five days after the festival.
It just feels so good, so amazing – it’s been too long,” said 19-year-old student Meghan Butler.
Melvin Benn, Managing Director of Festival Republic, said he hoped his pilot project would play a crucial part in getting outdoor events back on the calendar this year.
We’ll cherish this moment forever.
Thank you Liverpool x pic.twitter.com/SPjV0fcuHo