Eskom has announced that it suspends load shedding until 4:00 p.m. today, March 20, 2023.
ESKOM SUSPENDS CARGO SLIDE FOR SUNDAY
The City of Tshwane has informed its residents that the charge cut is suspended from 05:00 to 16:00 this afternoon.
READ ALSO: Nationwide lockdown: Here are 13 things you need to know so far
Eskom will provide an update on Sunday afternoon or as soon as significant changes occur.
READ ALSO: National Strike: Malema says Monday protest will begin at MIDNIGHT
NO CARGO DUMP FOR TSHWANE THIS SUNDAY
Residents of the City of Tshwane can enjoy a load-free Sunday until this afternoon. This afternoon, Eskom will announce whether it will continue to suspend load shedding or implement a new phase.
READ ALSO: Police arrested suspects with stolen bank cards
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR UNLOADING THE CARGO
- Use surge protection. Electrical surges are one of the biggest causes of equipment damage during a power outage.
- Gas for cooking and lighting. A gas stove is an absolute necessity. A small LP gas bottle and lamp are perfect and provide good lighting.
- Keep a thermos with hot water. If you have a baby, it’s a good idea to keep hot water in a thermos to make milk for the baby or a hot drink for yourself.
- Make sure your alarm system has a backup battery and is fully charged in case of loss of charge.
- Keep a spare flashlight in sight, one at home, and one in your car if you come home during the load shedding in the dark.
- Make sure your cell phone, laptop, and other electronic devices are fully charged before the charge reduction program or in case of power outages.
- A power bank is needed to keep it fully charged.
READ ALSO: Santaco – Taxis will not participate in the National Strike