HomeAustraliaGuy Sebastian's neighbour charged over alleged death threat

Guy Sebastian’s neighbour charged over alleged death threat

Guy Sebastian’s neighbour has been arrested and charged after allegedly sending a death threat to the pop star as a years-long dispute turns ugly.

NSW Police said they were called to Sebastian’s Maroubra home, in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, about 1.30pm yesterday after reports of a neighbour dispute.

Officers attended and arrested 65-year-old Phillip Richard Hanslow, alleging he threatened to kill Sebastian and kicked his fence.

Guy Sebastian’s neighbour has been charged with various offences. (Brook Mitchell)

“I was cleaning bricks on my property and I was approached by Mr Sebastian, which then turned into an altercation,” Hanslow said.

“We’ve had that many disputes with Mr Sebastian. It’s too volatile to live over there.”

Hanslow did not explain how the argument started.

“He (Sebastian) said he would call police, I said fine,” Hanslow said.

“They ripped the back door open, they came in and arrested me and dragged me out of the place.”

Hanslow was then taken to Maroubra Police station where “he was charged with destroy or damage property, and stalk/intimidate intend fear physical etc harm”.

Police have also issued an AVO preventing Hanslow from contacting the celebrity and entering his property.

Hanslow was granted bail and will face Waverley Local Court on February 2.

Sebastian declined to comment.

Phillip Richard Hanslow was charged over an alleged neighbour dispute with Guy Sebastian.
Phillip Richard Hanslow was charged over an alleged neighbour dispute with Guy Sebastian. (9News)

The feud is believed to be long-running, with Sebastian citing the problematic relationship on radio in 2019.

In 2017, a complaint was filed by Sebastian’s neighbour that their property had been damaged.

“A residential property in Maroubra was damaged when a brick fell from a truck that was being loaded on an adjacent construction site,” SafeWork NSW said at the time.

“SafeWork NSW issued a notice to the demolition contractor directing them to cease using the loading zone adjacent to the residential property and use an alternative loading zone.”

Sign up here to receive our daily newsletters and breaking news alerts, sent straight to your inbox.

Source by [author_name]

- Advertisment -