Hafeez Center Lahore fire intensifies, 4th floor engulfed in flames

LAHORE: A plaza located in the city’s Gulberg Main Boulevard area was engulfed in flames on Sunday morning due to an electrical short circuit.

According to details from rescue officials, the fire broke out in a shop on the second floor of the plaza — Hafeez Centre, where laptops, mobile phones and other electronic items are sold — and spread to the fourth floor. The fire brigade was called soon after the fire broke out around 6:00 am in the morning.

So far, no loss of life has been reported but it is being said that electronic items worth millions have been destroyed by the flames.

Twelve fire brigades and 30 firefighters were called to the area to douse the flames. Reports from the ground state that eight fire brigades have run out of water.

Authorities have called for more fire brigades at the spot due to the intensity of the fire.

People on the fourth floor of the plaza are trapped and efforts are underway to evacuate them, officials added.

Source link

Latest

Jackson winds back the clock with 30-point game as Opals win bronze

All tournament local fans have given Jackson an ovation...

Rajasthan: Bhiwadi Minor Raped Twice by 8 Men, Filmed, Blackmailed to Pay Rs 2.5 Lakh

A 16-year-old girl, a student of Class 8, was...

Court orders Mbalula, MEC to take steps on EC Intercape attacks

Minister of Transport Fikile Mbalula and Eastern Cape MEC...

Copy of controversial cipher missing from PM House

Cabinet forms committee to investigate and fix responsibility. ISLAMABAD   -   Expressing serious con­cern over the missing of the copy of controver­sial diplomatic...

ACP inaugurates 3-day art expo for flood vicitms

KARACHI:   The Arts Council of Pakistan, Karachi has organised a three-day art exhibition as part of their effort to collect funds for the flood...

Motorcycle Ambulance Service launched in Sialkot

SIALKOT    -   Dis­trict Emergency Service Rescue 1122 has started its motorcycle ambulance ser­vice across the district in a ceremony held here...