HomeEuropeMatt Hancock ‘not doing any more reality TV’ as he announces exit...

Matt Hancock ‘not doing any more reality TV’ as he announces exit as UK MP

LONDON — Matt Hancock — known for both leading the U.K.’s pandemic response and for eating camel penis on prime-time TV — has announced he is stepping down as an MP at the next general election.

The former health secretary was stripped of the Conservative whip after it emerged he was joining the cast of I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! earlier this year. The ITV show sees a cast of celebrities dropped into the Australian jungle for two weeks and forced to undertake gruesome trials to win provisions for their camp.

Hancock surpassed expectations to finish the show in third place, but saw his reputation as a serious politician put under strain by footage of him chowing down on cow’s anus and “willy con carne” — a large camel’s penis.

“I have discovered a whole new world of possibilities which I am excited to explore,” Hancock wrote Wednesday in a letter to U.K. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak announcing his intention to stand down, which was also broadcast via TikTok.

Hancock joins an increasing number of Tory MPs who have opted to step down rather than run in the next election, amid dire poll ratings for the governing party.

Hancock’s announcement came just days after a spokesperson insisted he “has no intention of standing down or stepping away from politics.” The spokesperson said that decision hadn’t been made at the time.

Hancock also recently took part in the military-themed reality show SAS: Who Dares Wins. The program is yet to be broadcast.

Despite his recent reality experiences, however, the spokesperson for Hancock said the MP is “definitely not doing any more reality TV.”



Source by [author_name]

- Advertisment -