NI riots: Translink confirm further ‘precautionary’ diversions to some Belfast services

Translink has confirmed diversions to some bus services in Belfast will remain on Tuesday evening.

lterations to some services in north and west Belfast were originally announced on Monday by Translink, following the scenes of violence in the area during the past week.

Bus drivers staged a protest last week after a bus was set on fire in Belfast on Wednesday following several nights of street violence.

While tensions on the streets of Belfast have generally eased, Translink said the changes to some services – which will take place from 8pm on Tuesday evening – were as a result of safeguarding the “safety” of their passengers and drivers.

In a statement on Tuesday, Translink said: “The safety of all passengers and employees is top priority. We are expecting some level of precautionary diversion to some services this evening.”

All up to date timetable information about the affected services is available on Translink’s website.

Services in other parts of Belfast are not expected to be impacted by the changes.

Belfast Telegraph



Source link