Latest updates: Wes Streeting condemns PM after fines issued as Labour party says â€˜buck stops with the prime ministerâ€™
- Met says 20 fines to be issued over Downing Street parties
- No 10 parties: what do police fines mean for Johnson and Tories
- PM must resign if fined for breaching lockdown, says Labour
- How No 10â€™s alleged parties took place as UK Covid death toll rose
- Russia-Ukraine war: latest updates
Adam Wagner, the barrister and lockdown regulation specialist, posted a good thread last night on the fixed penalty notice process. It starts here.
The SNP also says the announcement that fines are being issued over Partygate shows that Boris Johnson gave MPs assurances that were untrue. The party has released this statement from Kirsten Oswald, its deputy leader at Westminster.
The confirmation by the Metropolitan police that the law was broken and initial fines have been issued expose Boris Johnsonâ€™s remarks that no parties were held or that the rules were followed as being flatly untrue.
This damning development once again highlights the scale of rule-breaking at the heart of Boris Johnsonâ€™s corrupt government.