KARACHI: In violation of the COVID-19 standard operating procedures (SOPs), Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) MNA Aslam Khan held a large gathering of people amid the fourth wave of the pandemic at his residence in Karachi, Geo News reported.
Days after the Sindh government imposed a lockdown across the province till August 8, Aslam Khan hosted a valima function at his residence in Khayaban-e-Rahat, Defence Housing Authority (DHA) Phase 6.
It is pertinent to mention here that the provincial government had imposed a complete ban on wedding functions and all sorts of gatherings, as the country undergoes a fourth wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaking to Geo News, Khan said he hosted his daughter’s valima at his residence. “I invited only my family and close friends for the function,” he said.
The PTI MNA said he had not hosted a “huge gathering” in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
Key decisions by Sindh govt
As per some of the key decisions by the Sindh government, the lockdown will stay in place till August 8 across the province. It went into effect from August 1.
- Government offices to remain closed from next week.
- Those who do not get vaccinated will not be paid salaries after August 31.
- Vaccination cards of anyone roaming the streets will be checked.
- The export industry will remain open.
- All markets in the province will remain closed, but pharmacies will stay open.
- Inter-city transport will be closed.