Race 5 – 2:24PM RJ SIDNEY CRAIG COUNTRY BOOSTED CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
6. Heart Of Vancouver ran strong sustained sectionals throughout, and ran his rivals ragged when winning on debut at Canberra. Moreover, he ran fast time, and the decisive margins confirmed the quality. Expect him to be ridden aggressively early, and he will take some catching.
Dangers: 2. How Do You Sleep resumes without an official public trial but raced well first up last prep in a high-rating race. He is more suited over a further distance but is a key late market watch. 4. Oakeys Choice started a $1.90 favourite at this track/distance 14 days ago and ran second. He would have undoubtedly improved from that run and can rate to win. Add 9. Blackhill Kitty to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Heart Of Vancouver WIN. Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 6 – 2:59PM KILPATRICK METAL RECYCLERS MAIDEN HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
2. Boy Loves To Run is still learning but was brave in defeat last start at Hawkesbury 27 days ago. The three-year-old led at a fast tempo and raced wayward in the final straight but never shirked his task to the line. He has since had a tick-over trial with winkers and is rock-hard fit. Expect him to roll forward with the step back in distance suiting, and he can rate to win. Each-way.
Dangers: 17. More Mischief resumes as a gelding and ran fast time/sectionals, winning a recent heat at Warwick Farm. He has early speed, and he’ll take some catching over the 1000m. 5. Selous trialled well at Hawkesbury and went through the line full of energy. He has metropolitan form lines and is a key late market watch. Nothing has gone right for 14. Red Card in her two career starts but undoubtedly has the ability. Add 13. Kai Tak and 6. Writrose to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Boy Loves To Run E/W. Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 7 – 3:34PM TASH BURLEIGH RACING MAIDEN HANDICAP (1300 METRES)
4. Lonrioli started a rock-solid $2 favourite last start at Hawkesbury, and her run had merit. The three-year-old was 1100m-1300m and tried hard in defeat, holding for second place. Led at a strong tempo before showing acceleration and peaked on her run over the concluding stages. That race rated highly relative to the day. Prior to that start, she was exposed early and slightly outpaced when the tempo quickened but found the line well after balancing up. The Freedman galloper profiles well for this event, and her sectional/ratings profile suggests she is ready to run a peak figure third up. Expect her to roll forward, and any improvement from her last start effort will make her hard to beat.
Dangers: 2. Floating got too far back first up over an unsuitable distance but hit the line well, running on for fifth. Moreover, he ran some of the fastest 600m/400m/200m splits of the entire meeting in 34.05/22.93/11.89. The gelding will be fitter for that effort, the rise in distance is ideal and the big Goulburn track suits. Debutante 10. Lilliput was extended in a recent trial at Hawkesbury and is a key late market watch. 11. Sleigh Queen is rock-hard fit and 6. Gulf Of Lion receives a gear change and will roll forward.
How to play it: Lonrioli WIN. Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 8 – 4:14PM TASH BURLEIGH RACING MAIDEN HANDICAP (1300 METRES)
1. Golden Doubt resumes as a gelding and has trialled well in preparation for this assignment. The time was solid, and there has been a subsequent winner to come out of that heat. The four-year-old raced well last campaign and looks to have come back improved. He maps to have all favours from the kind draw, and the stable is renowned for having their runners wound up and ready first up.
Dangers: 3. Daft Leopard, who represents value, also has been gelded and brings solid form lines to this event. The Brad Widdup runner has had two solid hit outs at the trials and has a strong starting price profile. 4. Badge will be fitter from his debut run at Kembla and the 1300m second up suits. 11. Offspring will have to overcome a tricky draw, but if she can repeat her last start figure, she can win. Add 10. Loveyoulikeason who receives blinkers for the first time.
How to play it: Golden Doubt WIN & Daft Leopard WIN. Odds & Evens: ODDS
Race 9 – 4:54PM PHOENIX CONVEYANCING CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1300 METRES)
10. Perpignan ran time, broke through for her maiden win at Newcastle 24 days ago, and was a dominant. The Godolphin galloper sat outside the leader at a moderate tempo, and when asked for an effort, she sprinted hard and ran her 400m-200m split in 11.56. The filly maps to have all favours, brings the best last start figure and can improve again.
Dangers: 11. Miss Thatcher had all favours last start and battled on OK to finish sixth in a TAB Highway (1400m) last start. She is lightly raced, will roll forward and drops significantly in grade. 1. Retiro got too far back first up over an unsuitable distance and ran on OK. He has strong form lines and is a market watch. Add 4. Our Belle Fille and 7. Rubigal to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Perpignan WIN. Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Best Bets: Race 7 (4) Lonrioli; Race 3 (1) Miracle Spin
Best Value: Race 6 (2) Boy Loves To Run
Supplied by Racing NSW
Full form and race replays available at racingnsw.com.au.
News, results and expert analysis from the weekend of sport sent every Monday. Sign up for our Sport newsletter