The Prince of Wales says the royal family were â€œluckyâ€ to have had the Duke of Edinburgh for nearly 100 years in a trailer for a new TV tribute.
rince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers will air later this month on BBC One and will include interviews filmed both before and after Philipâ€™s death in April aged 99.
The Duke of Cambridge describes his grandfather as â€œa huge presenceâ€ while the Duke of Sussex says he was â€œunapologetically himâ€.
The short trailer shows Charles, William, Harry and the dukeâ€™s granddaughter Zara Tindall talking about Philip over a montage of family pictures and video clips.
One video shows Philip riding bicycles with his children as the Queen runs behind them and another shows him drinking from a trophy and laughing.
The trailer begins with William saying: â€œHeâ€™s always been a huge presence behind everything we have done really.â€
Harry follows, saying: â€œWhat you see is what you got with my grandfather. He was unapologetically him.â€
Zara, whose mother is Philipâ€™s only daughter the Princess Royal, says: â€œYou never really prepare yourself for losing him because he was always there.â€
The clip ends with a quote from Philipâ€™s eldest son Charles who says: â€œWe were lucky to have him for nearly a hundred years.â€
More than a dozen royals including all of the Queen and Philipâ€™s children â€“ the Prince of Wales, the Princess Royal, the Duke of York and the Earl of Wessex â€“ and their adult grandchildren, the dukes of Cambridge and Sussex, princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall, have taken part in the one-hour programme.
The Queen has not been interviewed for the programme but granted special access to her private cine-film collection.
The documentary-makers went inside Buckingham Palace to meet the dukeâ€™s long-serving staff and to capture his study, private office and library as they were during his seven decades of public service.
The programme, which will air on Wednesday September 22 at 9pm on BBC One, was originally conceived to mark the dukeâ€™s 100th birthday in June, but the nationâ€™s longest-serving consort died two months before his centenary.
The BBC said it will be â€œan unrivalled portrait of a man with a unique place in royal history â€“ by those who knew him bestâ€.
Neither the Duchess of Sussex, who has accused the royal family of racism, nor the Duchess of Cambridge nor any other spouses of the Queen and Philipâ€™s grandchildren will appear.
The BBC said last month that it was looking at â€œlessons to be learnedâ€ after its coverage of Philipâ€™s death drew a record number of complaints.
Nearly 110,000 people objected to the corporationâ€™s decision to clear its schedules across both channels to run a series of mirrored special programmes, making it the most complained-about piece of programming in its history.
Earlier this year, the BBC also wrote to the royal family to apologise for the circumstances surrounding Dianaâ€™s famous Panorama interview in 1995.
Lord Dysonâ€™s inquiry found the BBC covered up â€œdeceitful behaviourâ€ used by journalist Martin Bashir to secure his headline-making world exclusive, and that he faked bank statements.
The trailerâ€™s release comes as lawyers for Virginia Giuffre, who is suing the Duke of York over sexual assault allegations, claimed to have served legal papers on him.
Ms Giuffre claims she was trafficked by Andrewâ€™s former friend and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein to have sex with the duke, when she was aged 17 and a minor under US law.
Andrew has vehemently denied all the allegations and legal firm Blackfords, who said they represent the duke â€œin certain UK mattersâ€, has raised questions about how the papers were served.