Monday, May 18, 2026
HomeWorldSuspect in Trump attempted assassination pleads not guilty

Suspect in Trump attempted assassination pleads not guilty

The proceeding previewed the next major legal battle in the case, Allen’s attempt to have acting Attorney General Todd Blanche and US Attorney Jeanine Pirro disqualified from the case because they were present at the dinner and may have been among Allen’s alleged targets.

Allen’s lawyer, Eugene Ohm, said the defence is likely to seek recusal of the entire US Attorney’s Office in Washington, which Pirro leads, because of her friendship with Trump and status as a potential victim.

“It is wholly inappropriate for victims of an alleged event like this to be individually prosecuting the case,” Ohm said.

Prosecutors are set to respond to the defence’s legal filing by May 22. 

Pirro previously told CNN in an interview that “my ability to prosecute this case has nothing to do with my being there”.

Source link


Discover more from PressNewsAgency

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

- Advertisment -