Good day to you, whatever time it is and whatever place you’re in. The Tokyo 2020* Paralympics Day 3 of competition is underway. There will as ever be a very busy schedule across the venues of Tokyo.
- Track and field begins today. Thus far most of the major events have been in the pool or at the velodrome, but there will be category medals coming in the long jump, 5000 metres, javelin, shot put, and the women’s T35 100 metres.
- Track cycling has more medals going in individual pursuit categories and time trials.
- Equestrian brings in two more dressage categories, after we decided three yesterday.
- Judo has its first day of competition, with a slew of fights all through the day, ending up in the medal bouts.
- Powerlifting has four more medal categories to be decided.
- Swimming has a host of finals to be swum later today.
- Elsewhere, the wheelchair tennis early rounds will begin, table tennis gets up to the quarter finals, and pool matches will continue in goalball, wheelchair basketball, and wheelchair rugby.