Warning from Perth mother who said her drink was spiked

A Perth mother has issued a disturbing warning, saying she was drugged on a Fremantle dance floor.

Kura Perkins said she was one of three women left seriously ill and barely able to walk or talk.

The mother-of-three was out on Friday night sharing a bottle of sparkling wine with friends.

The Perth mother said her drink was spiked at a club. (Nine)

“(The) last thing on our minds was having our drinks spiked,” she said.

She said they put their drinks down to dance and just minutes later she was barely able to move.

Ms Perkins said she felt “very incoherent, not being able to stand up or walk, numbness in the legs and violent vomiting.”

“It was pretty horrible,” she said.

The Perth mother said her drink was spiked at a club.
Kura Perkins, second from right, said she ended up outside, not knowing who she was (Nine)

“I have about 45 minutes where I don’t really know what I was doing.”

She ended up alone outside. Two strangers contacted her husband but she couldn’t tell them who she was or who she was with, the Perth mother said.

Ms Perkins said two of her friends had the same symptoms and issued a warning on the radio for people to be careful.

“It wouldn’t take a lot for someone to have something very serious happen to them,” she told Gareth Parker on 6PR Breakfast

WA Police are checking CCTV.

The bar, Freo.Social, issued its own warning online and said it had hired extra security.

“We are deeply saddened that this occurred at our venue, a place we strive to be safe for all,” the bar said on Facebook.

“We therefore wish (to) take this moment to remind our patrons to keep a look out for each other and for suspicious activity, and to report anything of concern immediately to venue management or security.

“We also strongly recommend to never leave drinks unattended.”

Source by [author_name]